Revolutionizing the Phototherapy Industry
For more than three decades, phototherapy has been the standard for treating neonatal jaundice.
Portable and Maintenance Free
The BiliBee LED pad provides a completely portable and maintenance free system by eliminating the fiber optic cable found on competitors’ phototherapy systems. Treatment is applied by placing the patient on the BiliBee for 24 hours a day until the infant’s bilirubin levels have been effectively lowered to an acceptable level according to AAP guidelines.
PerformancePhysical CharacteristicsEnvironmental/Storage ConditionsPortable Battery PackElectrical CharacteristicsKey Elements for PhototherapyAAP GuidelinesBiliBee Phototherapy System
- Light Band Width Peak: 455- 485 nm
- Irradiance Level: High setting: High Output Pad:
- 60 ± 10 μW/cm2/nm*
- Mode of Operation: Designed for continuous operation.
*Irradiance level is the average of six points on the illuminator pad.
- Illuminator Pad Size: 4” W x 8” L x 0.4” H
- Treatment Area: 4” W X 6” L
- System Weight: Light panel < 0.5 lb
- Battery pack < 0.5 lb
- Operating Temperature: 15°C to 40°C (59°F to 140°F)
- Humidity: 0 to 95% RH
- Atmospheric Pressure: 500 hPa to 1060 hPa
- Storage Temperature: -5 to + 60°C (23 to 140°F)
- 1.0 A at 3.3V
- Over-current Protection
- AC Input Voltage: 1 A at 100/240 VAC 50/60 Hz
- Wattage: 50 watts maximum over- current protection
- Output Voltage: DC output voltage 1.0 A at 3.3V
- Irradiance intensity
- Light spectrum
- Surface area coverage
- Irradiance level at least 30 μW•cm²•nm
- Wavelength between 430-490 nm
- Larger surface area, especially for combating extremely high bilirubin levels
- Distance between the infant and the light source is critical to spectral irradiance level
- Irradiance level at 60 μW•cm²•nm with disposable cover
- Greater spectral range of 420-530 nm (peak 455-485 nm)
- Provides full coverage of neonate’s back
- For the most effective treatment, the BiliBee is placed in direct contact with the infant’s skin.
At home or on the go, the BiliBee provides intense treatment wherever it’s needed.
So convenient, mother and baby will forget it’s even there!